Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Amazing Race.

Amazing Race.

Hahaha.

I will start off saying that, it has always been my dream to go on the Amazing Race. When I was just a little kid, probably only half of my current height, I begged(nagged) my brothers to take me to go on the Amazing Race. But they wouldn’t take me, saying that half way I’ll probably get them to carry me, which is true. They then said, “You go with your boyfriend lahhh.” So I made up my mind that I would. :D

A few weeks ago, my teacher reminded us that we had to do an essay, the tittle “How I Spent My Holiday.” The holiday was a long looooong time ago, and I couldn’t remember what I did, so teacher said that it could be fictional. I started by writing about a robbery in my house, but then I thought to myself, “How am I supposed to catch the thief within 2 weeks?” So I changed topic, it became, “I went to the Amazing Race with my brother.”(which I posted unto my blog. Btw, change the word brother to boyfriend)

When I found out that nst had organized an Amazing Race, obviously I signed up. But I couldn’t go with my boyfriend as my brothers have suggested. (cause I haven’t gotten one yet, hahahaha J, proud of myself) Anyway, for the Amazing Race, we were supposed to sign up in groups of 4 and one person was supposed to be non-Christian, or the other option was to tick a box that said “I don’t have a group.” Since I was a bit too lazy to form a group, ( I’m not sure why I don’t like forming groups. I don’t pick the person that I want to sit with in the bus the day before the field trip. I don’t deliberately pick who I want to sit with at lunch, that just became a habit after awhile.) and I don’t have any non-Christian friends, I ticked the little box.

On Sunday morning, I went to the church wondering who my race partners were. I soon found out, that two of them were siblings, Rebecca and Timothy. The first thing I heard Rebecca say to Timothy was, “There, she’s in our team, the one who complained very loud yesterday.” Which was true, hahaha oops. After that they kind of ignored me when I talked to them, so I don’t think they liked me.(I don’t blame them.) Soon, the committee realized that our 4th member, a person with a Chinese name, wasn’t going to show up. So they transferred me to another group that had Hao Yen, Li Jin, and Clement. *relieved* It was kind of ironic, as the past few weeks, Hao Yen was asking me whose team I was going to be in, and I had to tell him again and again that I ticked the ‘no team’ box, but in the end I ended up in his team.

For the first clue, we got the J=2 thing but we couldn’t guess the word. The whole ride to the zoo we were trying to figure out which animal had _I_ _O_O_A_U_. Only at the entrance of the zoo, Hao Yen pointed out to the statues and said, “Look, turtles.” Then I said, “Look, hippopo--- ohhhh…” and that was how we managed to figure out our first clue, quite funny if you were actually there.

Then Basically, the rest of the Amazing race went like this,

-Rush to Amphibian and Reptile House

-Find Sasha

-Show her picture of us with the animals in the clues

-Get our next clue

-Figure out the riddles

-Try to find the animals

-Walk

-Laugh as we get lost and have to backtrack

-Take picture with all the animal plates

-Walk, walk, walk

-Laugh at the international school accents, go wrong way, backtrack

-Walkwalkwalkwalkwalk

-Rush around looking for groups to do the intersection

-WALK

-Find Sasha

-Get our next clue.

X5

And so on… We walked (running was against the rules) for 3 hours only stopping to drink water for a little while, ate lunch for half an hour, then walked again, hardly stopping, for 1 ½ hours. We walked a lot, laughed a lot, and backtracked a lot. Since we didn’t win, I so so regret not taking pictures of the animals and my team.

My legs hurt, good job committee. (: haha

No comments:

Post a Comment