Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Smile 101

Last Sunday I went for a course in my church called “Smiile 101.” I was hesitant when my dad wanted to sign my whole family up for it because I thought it would be like the church membership course. But WHEEEEEE! It was Pastor Victor! Basically we learned how to share the Gospel and write a personal testimony. Smile stands for, S-Scan M-Move I-Initiate L-Linger E-Exit.

Halfway through his teaching, he asked us (in groups) to go to different shopping malls, approach a stranger, buy them a drink, talk with them and maybe slip in the personal testimony. Apparently this was supposed to be training to be friendly. I was in the same team as my two brothers and we were told to go to Bangsar Shopping Center.

When we reached there I made David talk to someone, and he approached the receptionist, and offered to buy him a coke. The guy refused, saying that he had just come back from his break. So we headed off to Cold Storage and we bought a Gatorade and a Coke. We gave the Gatorade to the receptionist, learned his name was Harry, talked for a very short while, and got a picture with him.

After taking the picture, I took the Coke and started talking to a pregnant lady named Yi En (I hope that’s how you spell it) with two little kids and a maid. She gave it to her little girl called Isabella and started talking to me. Apparently she used to go to SIBKL, but left it. Anyway yeah, then we took a picture and went off.

Soon David and me were bugging Michael to talk to someone. After trying Sony, and almost talking to a guy standing around, he finally started talking with this Scottish guy named John (or Jordan). David and I stood at the back cheering. :P

Soon it was time to leave, and we have decided that it wasn’t so hard to talk to a stranger after all. Now I know something I can do if I’m bored in a mall :D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment