Thursday, December 30, 2010

HnG

So, I was doing homework and decided to work on my HnG (history and geography). Just the sight of is long and small words makes me want to close it straight away. But after awhile it gets pretty interesting, I get to learn about how the United States constitution protects the freedom of religion, expression, press, public assembly, and petition.

But my favorite part is in the part explaining about the trial by jury. One of the elements of a trial is that “the verdict should be unanimous”.

“The unanimous verdict is designed to remove any doubt as to the guilt or innocence of the accused. It is founded on the idea that although several guilty persons may go unpunished, not one innocent person should ever be unjustly convicted.” –taken from my HNG book.

Do you get it? I think it’s really good. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment