Tuesday, December 21, 2010

WWJD!

As I have said, the camp was awesome, but what is even more awesome is what is happening now. My head feels like it is in a muddle, it keeps asking questions, it bugs me even when I want to sleep but at the same time it feels really good, like I can learn more from the same passages that I have already read in the Bible over and over again. My journal is quickly filling up.

Melinda Wong lent me a book called ‘In His Steps’. I have only read half so far, but it’s about a pastor who challenged his some of his congregation to make a promise that for the whole year, they would not do anything without asking “what would Jesus do?” The main characters did what they thought Jesus would do even if it meant losing business or getting bankrupt. Because they believed that their money wasn’t theirs but lent to them by God, like the Parable of the Talents.

The characters asked themselves this: What would Jesus do if He was in my, ______(name)’s place as a ___________(occupation, example: businessman)?

I think that this is a really good question to ask, even though I am just a student, and can’t make such drastic changes or decisions as them. Besides, this year is ending and I think I should ask myself this question so I can do it next year.

What would Jesus do if He was in Maelodee’s place as a student?

1. Respect and obey authority, no more criticizing Teacher Evelyn. (oh uh I hope she doesn’t read this)

2. Be tidy!

3. No complaining.

4. Pay attention during Chapel, or suggest different ways to run it.

5. Not shy away from responsibility or doing it last minute.

6. Love ALL my school friends and pray for them.

I wrote down 6 things and I’m already moaning, “This is going to be so hard.” Even doing one of them for a whole year is going to be a challenge for me. But anyway, I WILL TRY MY BEST

GOD PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment